I thoroughly enjoyed working on this assignment. I think that Ada Lovelace's life is a revolution given the social status of a woman during that time. At a time when women were not suppose to be in school, she proved that females could also very competent academically, to a point that she was one of the first people who contributed to computer science. Even though she and Babbage did not get a chance to build the difference engine, their ideas inspired a lot of people later on and made contributions in the field of computer science.
I also think that it is a very interesting idea to show Ada Lovelace's life in a video clip. For sure we can do it as a powerpoint presentation but it is more engaging to have a video and music so it is more like a story than a lecture. It is also very fascinating that up until today people still commemorate Ada Lovelace in a lot of ways that I have never heard of. I think that this is something that can be done in our Math classes in schools. I think students can learn more doing these kinds of presentations than listen to lectures and copy notes.
Excellent, Ivan! I really enjoyed your group's project too -- great topic and great choice of medium.
ReplyDelete